Scientist (Small Molecule)
In this San Diego onsite role, you will lead the design, development, and execution of bioanalytical experiments to bring new therapies to market. This role is very exciting due to our wide variety of clients and broad ranges of medicine treating different types of diseases. You’ll work in a milestone driven environment generating data, evaluating the performance of the medicine and context of use. Data integrity and quality are important to us, and this role will integrate the expectations in a highly regulated setting.
We are looking for candidates who get energized by working with the newest bioanalytical technologies to solve complex challenges. The best candidates are curious and continuous learners, who have experience in a highly regulated environment, where data integrity is expected and honored. You’ll enjoy and crave collaboration with a network of expert scientists, all while welcoming the opportunity to manage multiple projects, sponsors and project timelines. If you are adaptable and able to inspire the best results, then you’ll be right at home here at BioAgilytix.
- Lead the development, validation, and sample analysis of small molecules, ADCs, biologics, proteins, peptides, and/or biomarkers, using various techniques including chromatographic (LC/MS) for support of preclinical, clinical and product release studies
- Plan and direct experimental design for junior staff
- Drive bioanalytical projects to align with client timelines
- Frequent communication with clients to discuss technical details and provide project updates.
- Advise clients on PK/ADME assay best practices
- Author documents (methods, SOPs, reports)
- Statistical analysis of bioanalytical data
- Review of documentation
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biotechnology, biochemistry, or related field with between 6-12 years' experience in a scientific laboratory environment; or MS or PhD. with equivalent experience
- A thorough knowledge of regulatory guidance and industry best practices for PK, ADME, LC/MS/MS, and other small molecule assays
- Demonstrated expertise in chromatographic assay development
- Advanced capabilities in data analysis, data visualization statistical analysis
- PK and PD (biomarker) assay development and validation
- Microsoft word, Excel, Sciex OS/Analyst, MassLynx, Chromeleon, Watson LIMS, JMP, Graphpad Prism
- Ability to develop protein binding, CYP inhibition, CYP induction, or CYP phenotyping and/or ability to develop chromatographic assays using HPLC or LC/MS/MS.
- GDP, GLP, GCLP, GCP
- Experience with execution of PK/ADME, chromatographic, and other small molecule assays, and/or ability to perform most tasks associated with custom research planning and bench work
- Ability to develop chromatographic assays in some or all the following platforms: LC/MS/MS, UPLC and UPLC/Q-TOF
- A knack for designing efficient and impactful experiments
- Experience working in a regulated environment, with a thorough understating of GDP, GLP, GCLP, GCP
- Independence, enthusiasm, openness, and adaptability
- Demonstrated effective communication skills
- The ability to inspire others to do their best work and drive results
- Excellent customer service skills (internal and external)
Medical Insurance (HDHP with HSA; PPO), Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (medical; dependent care), Short Term Disability | Long Term Disability Life Insurance, Paid Time Off (4 weeks per year), Paid Holidays (9 scheduled; 3 floating), 401k with Employer Match Employee Referral Program (up to $10k), Free Coffee, Tea, Fruit, and Snacks, Discounted Vending Machines (25 cents for everything!), Team Wellness Challenges/Events
COMMITMENT TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
BioAgilytix provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Pay Type Salary
- BioAgilytix San Diego, 9050 Camino Santa Fe, San Diego, California, United States of America