Senior Human Resources Business Partner
New Orleans, LA, USA Req #100
Friday, December 2, 2022
As one of the world's leading metal recyclers, EMR USA Metal Recycling (EMR) plays a pivotal role in the provision of sustainable materials across the globe. With a history spanning 70 years, the company has grown from a single UK-based business to a multi-national corporation. Our experience, vast capabilities and commitment to our environmental, social and governance (ESG) values, places us among the world's most respected and trusted recycling companies.
EMR recycles 10 million tons of material annually, made up of everything from beverage cans to oil platforms, which are recycled into more than 200 different types of new, sustainable raw materials.
Under general direction of the Director of Human Resources, the Senior Human Resource Business Partner is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The Senior HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execution of critical HR processes, including compensation, performance management, talent acquisition, talent development and workforce planning
- Collaborate with Business/Operations groups to provide high-impact HR solutions
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the business leaders and employees
- Analyze trends and metrics to develop solutions in support of HR programs and policies
- Lead, coach and develop junior staff members who are part of the HR team
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct and support effective, thorough and objective employee relations, ethics, or compliance investigations (initial interviews & fact gathering); maintain tracking for issues/concerns and handle inquiries from employees and managers.
- Counsel managers and employees on situational issues; participates in internal investigations, corrective actions, and coaching, to resolve employee conflicts
- Partner with Talent Acquisition teammates on the hiring process for business unit and advise hiring managers on selecting and onboarding top talent.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Develop understanding of EMR’s internal talent landscape to provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Consistent application of HR policies to mitigate risk and ensure equitable solutions
- Other HR projects as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Bilingual English/ Spanish strongly preferred
- Excellent team building skills, self-motivated with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong business acumen and understanding of HR strategic partnership in driving business results as an influencer and advisor
- Creative problem solver with strong attention to detail, organization, and follow-up skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once and prioritize accordingly
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors
- Expert with Microsoft Office Suite, HR Information Systems (Dayforce)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or other related field preferred.
- Experience leading a cross-functional team to implement region-wide projects
- Experience working with and leading dispersed teams
- Working knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal employment laws, and compliance requirements
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible human resource management experience, including experience as a manager and leading independent projects
- Experience advising on multiple levels of management on a range of people matters (e.g. employee engagement, retention, employee and labor relations, performance management, leave of absence, recruitment, etc.)
OTHER JOB DEMANDS
Work is generally performed in a traditional office environment at our location in New Orleans, Louisiana. Touring our scrap metal recycling facilities will be required. Working hours may vary and early morning, evening, or weekend work may be required. Attendance at events offsite will be required. You may be required to lift and carry light weights. Travel requires the ability to drive and the use of a personal vehicle.
Additional Relevant Information
EMR USA Metal Recycling provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Pay Type Salary
- New Orleans, LA, USA