New Orleans, LA, USA Req #7
Tuesday, November 22, 2022
As one of the world's leading metal recyclers, EMR USA Metal Recycling (EMR) plays a pivotal role in the provision of sustainable materials across the globe. With a history spanning 70 years, the company has grown from a single UK-based business to a multi-national corporation. Our experience, vast capabilities and commitment to our environmental, social and governance (ESG) values, places us among the world's most respected and trusted recycling companies.
EMR recycles 10 million tons of material annually, made up of everything from beverage cans to oil platforms, which are recycled into more than 200 different types of new, sustainable raw materials.
Reporting to the Director of Talent Acquisition, the Senior Recruiter will be expected to take initiative to research, develop, and implement effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for EMR USA.
II. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process
- Collaborates with department managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of EMR USA
- Posts and advertises jobs
- Screens applications and selects qualified candidates
- Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials
- Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with managers, directors, and other stakeholders
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies
- Attends and participates in college job fairs and recruiting sessions
- Performs other duties as assigned
III. Required Skills / Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
IV. Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- Minimum (7) years managing all phases of the recruitment and hiring process highly preferred
- Experience recruiting for non-exempt and exempt positions required
- Experience with high-volume full lifecycle recruiting, preferably in a Manufacturing / Warehouse / Operations environment
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP a plus SHRM’s
- Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential a plus
V. Other Job Demands
Work is generally performed in a traditional office environment at our EMR USA United States office in New Orleans, LA. Touring our scrap metal recycling facilities will be required. Working hours may vary and early morning, evening, or weekend work may be required. Attendance at events offsite will be required. You may be required to lift and carry light weights. Travel requires the ability to drive and the use of a personal vehicle.
Additional Relevant Information
EMR USA Metal Recycling provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Pay Type Salary
- New Orleans, LA, USA